Published on November 20th, 2018 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
St. Pat’s in Five Points Planning Committee Releases 2019 Festival Details and Ticket Launch
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia’s signature event, St. Pat’s in Five Points, will host its 37th annual festival on Saturday, March 16, 2019. The Planning Committee will be opening up early bird pre-sale with a $12 general admission ticket Black Friday (November 23, 2018) through Cyber Monday (November 26, 2018).
2019 FESTIVAL DATE:
Saturday, March 16th, 2019
2019 FESTIVAL GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET PRICING:
- November 23, 2018 – November 26, 2018: $12 (online)
- November 27, 2018 – December 31, 2018: $15 (online)
- January 1, 2019 – March 15, 2019: $20 (online)
- March 16, 2019: $25 (day-of, at the gate)
2019 FESTIVAL PARTICIPATION OPTIONS:
- St. Pat’s in Five Points Parade – The application to participate in the musical mile down Devine Street is now available online and is due March 1, 2019.
- Get To The Green 15K / 10K / 5K / 1-Mile Family Fun Run – Registration for the Midland’s largest road race is now available online with early bird pricing running through December 1, 2018. Note: Race sign-ups at every level include general admission into the festival.
- Vendor Applications – The application to be an arts & crafts vendor is now available online. Note: Food vendors are by invitation only.
ABOUT ST. PAT’S:
Over 35 years ago, two men sat down in a booth at Yesterday’s Restaurant & Tavern in Five Points and devised a plan to increase the visibility of Five Points’ businesses on St. Patrick‘s Day when most people were leaving town for Savannah, Georgia. The St. Patrick’s Day Parking Lot Party emerged, slowly forming into the annual celebration that it is now at the hands of the Five Points Association. St. Pat’s welcomes approximately 45,000 attendees a year and has a $6 million economic impact on the City of Columbia. The Five Points Association is able to productively and actively operate through the year due to the net proceeds of the event. Each year funds are allocated towards beautification projects and security cameras, in addition to hosting free events and marketing for the community.
ABOUT FIVE POINTS:
Five Points has served as downtown Columbia, S.C.’s original village neighborhood for shopping, dining, entertainment and personal services since 1915. Extending from the intersection of Santee Avenue, Harden and Devine Streets to the surrounding residential neighborhoods and USC, Five Points encompasses nearly 150 businesses, many of which are locally, independently owned. Five Points celebrated its Centennial throughout 2015 and has since kicked off the start of the next 100 years with fresh community events, public art initiatives and district enhancements.
ST. PAT’S IN FIVE POINTS ONLINE:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fivepointssc / @FivePointsSC
Instagram: https://instagram.com/stpatsinfivepoints / @StPatsinFivePoints
Hashtags: #StPatsinFivePoints I #FivePointsSC I #shop5points I #eat5points I #drink5points
To purchase tickets, sign up to participate or find out more about St. Pat’s in Five Points,
please visit www.StPatsColumbia.com.