Published on May 25th, 2016 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Seven Ways To Help Your Kids To A Beautiful Smile
Learning good oral care habits at a young age sets the stage for a long-term healthy lifestyle.
(NAPSI)—While most parents know the importance of a consistent and healthy oral hygiene regimen, they also know how difficult it can be to get kids excited about brushing and flossing—but it does not have to be. Brushing for the dentist-recommended two minutes in the morning and before bed can be more fun for the whole family if you heed these hints:
1. Set a good example—Children look up to mom and dad and like to emulate their behavior. If you’re enthusiastic about brushing and flossing, your children are more likely to be, too. Make your oral care a routine family event and your children will benefit by having healthy teeth and spending quality time with you.
2. Make a playlist—Create a playlist of your children’s favorite songs and play one each time they brush. Change the song daily to keep the brushing and flossing ritual interesting for your children and motivate them to brush for the length of the song.
3. Create a little friendly competition—Make oral health care a family routine by creating the “battle of the brushes.” Whether the contest is between siblings or with a parent, having a fun toothbrush and a brushing competition is a great way to get everyone in on the excitement and encourage all involved to brush and floss to their best ability. Think of some healthful prizes to give away to the family member who stays true to an oral care routine each week.
4. Create a distraction—If kids are watching the timer, the two minutes seem like forever. Sing a funny song, do a silly dance or try reading from their favorite book. The two minutes will fly by in no time. Don’t rush the brushing-the longer they brush and floss, the better their dental checkups will be.
5. Compliment your kids—By praising and complimenting your children after they floss and brush, you’re encouraging them to continue their healthy habits—and smile more. Eventually, the healthy oral care regimen will become second nature.
6. Take a video—Kids love watching themselves being silly. Try filming your children brushing their teeth and have them watch afterward. It’s an easy way to ensure that they brush for a full two minutes and reinforces how brushing creates a beautiful smile.
7. Have a reward system—If your children use their toothbrushes, toothpaste and flossers for a full two minutes, morning and night, allow them to have a special treat, such as watching a favorite video. The Sunstar GUM® oral care collection for kids, featuring popular licenses such as Crayola™, Power Rangers™, Dragons™ and Lalaloopsy™, makes it easy to conquer plaque with the help of fun, creative and bright toothbrushes, toothpaste and flossers.
For further facts and tips for healthy brushing, visit www.gumbrand.com, and find Sunstar GUM® on Facebook, Twitter @SunstarGUM and Pinterest.