Published on October 18th, 2019 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Riverfront living with a city view
It’s been a
busy year at Brookland. Its first residents moved into Building One last
September. Black Rooster opened in early August 2019. And as of September 1, Building
Three – the
third of four phases of the development – is now open.
Building Three is essentially the business center of Brookland. The building encompasses the development’s coworking area, fitness center, three retail spaces (two leased by NYC Bagel and Sandwich Shop and Select Physical Therapy; one space available), and a 2-story underground parking garage with 200 spaces accessible to residents *and* the public (hello, additional parking for State St.)
The West Columbia mixed-use development is named for the Brookland community established in 1894. Home to mill employees, a business district + trade center (on what is now Meeting St. + a small portion of State St.), the original Brookland district was destroyed by a fire in 1905. Now, Brookland is one of the Columbia area’s newest live-work-play destinations.
Here’s what living at Brookland looks like:
• Dynamic views overlooking the Congaree River + downtown Columbia skyline
• Spacious floorplans with one- and two-bedroom options – see floorplans here.
• Modern design in living + communal spaces, ft. subway tile, sliding barn doors, white quartz countertops, bar top seating, designer lighting + more
• Luxury amenities like a fitness center with a yoga/pilates/barre studio, saltwater pool, courtyard with firepit, outdoor kitchen space with grills, collaborative workspaces, a pet spa, community bike share + more
• Monthly events for residents, like August’s biscuit bar and the upcoming Building Three grand opening party (follow them on Instagram or Facebook for more details + future event announcements)
• Prime access to Cola’s River District with free tubing for residents
• Hot new “French-ish” restaurant + rooftop bar Black Rooster right there, plus many more restaurants + shops within walking distance on State St., Gervais St. + Main St. (and a new brewery + beer garden coming soon).