Published on November 25th, 2019 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Richland One to Accept Applications Online for Magnet Programs Starting December 16
Richland One parents who are interested in enrolling their children in one of the district’s 12 magnet programs can submit applications online starting December 16.
All Richland One students, regardless of their school attendance zone, may apply to enroll in a magnet program within the district, unless the program is designated as one that is zoned for certain attendance areas. Admission is based on successful completion of the application process, which may include attending an information session and meeting qualifying criteria.
A computerized random selection process (lottery) will be used to select students when there are more students interested in a particular magnet program than there are slots available.
The online application process for magnet programs is new for the 2020-2021 school year. Along with Round One applications opening on December 16, other key dates include: Round One applications close (January 31, 2020); and Round One lottery and acceptance notifications (February 2020).
If a program is not at capacity after Round One, applications for those slots will be open in the spring for Round Two.
Richland One’s Magnet Programs for the 2020-2021 School Year
Elementary School Level
- Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and French (new) Language Immersion Magnet (Carver-Lyon Elementary School)
- Career Awareness Magnet (Bradley Elementary School)
- Montessori Programs (Brockman, Logan and Caughman Road elementary schools)
Middle School Level
- Career Exploration Magnet (W.G. Sanders Middle School)
- Montessori Program (W.G. Sanders Middle School)
- Medical Magnet Academy (W.A. Perry Middle School)
High School Level
- Richland One Middle College (on the Beltline campus of Midlands Technical College)
- Virtual School Program
- Health Sciences Magnet (C.A. Johnson High School)
- Career Preparation Magnet (W.J. Keenan High School)
The magnet programs application link will be posted on the district’s website (www.richlandone.org) on December 16. Students and parents who would like more information about the district’s magnet programs, including the dates of upcoming information sessions, can go to richlandone.org/choice or contact Dr. Erica Fields at 231-6799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.