Published on December 6th, 2016 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Richland One Hall of Fame Gala Tickets on Sale
Pictured: International recording artist Cheri Maree, “The Love Goddess” will perform at the Gala.
The 13th annual Richland One Hall of Fame Induction Gala will be held Saturday, January 28, 2017 at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, 1101 Lincoln Street. This year’s theme is “Dare to Dream.”
A red carpet reception at 5:00 p.m. will kick off the festivities, with the program/dinner beginning at 6:00 p.m. Attire for the gala is black-tie optional. Complimentary valet parking will be provided.
During the gala, Richland One will induct six new members into the district’s Hall of Fame, which was established in 2004 to recognize graduates of Richland One schools and other persons throughout the district’s history who have made significant contributions to Richland One, their communities, their professions and society as a whole.
The members of the 2016 induction class are:
- Restaurateur and South Carolina’s Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army William B. “Bill” Dukes, Dreher High School Class of 1960;
- Former Wofford College President Benjamin B. Dunlap, Columbia High School Class of 1955;
- Don Frierson, longtime host of “The Urban Scene” on WGCV 620 AM, C.A. Johnson High School Class of 1969;
- Educator Thomas Sinkler Martin (posthumously), Booker T. Washington High School Class of 1927;
- MSNBC anchor and NBC News correspondent Craig Melvin, Columbia High School Class of 1997; and
- Midlands Technical College President Ronald L. Rhames, W.J. Keenan High School Class of 1973.
WIS News 10 anchor Judi Gatson will serve as mistress of ceremonies for the gala. Musical entertainment will be provided by Saxophonist Dante Lewis’ Band and international recording artist Cheri Maree, “The Love Goddess.” A dance with DJ “World Famous” Johnny Green of Kiss 103.1 FM will begin immediately following the program.
Gala tickets are $75 each ($125 per couple) for the general public. Tickets are $50 for Richland One employees and Richland One retirees. Reserved tables and sponsorship opportunities also are available. Any proceeds from the gala will benefit the district’s Academic All-Stars and Classroom Innovation Teacher Grants programs.
Tickets may be purchased from the Richland One Office of Communications, located on the second floor of the Stevenson Administration Building at 1616 Richland Street. For more information, call 231-7504.