Published on January 27th, 2020 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
RICHLAND LIBRARY CELEBRATES BLACK HISTORY MONTH
Observe African-American History & Culture throughout February
Columbia, SC– As Black History Month nears, Richland Library wants to highlight the achievements of African Americans across all mediums and recognize this year’s theme, which encompasses African Americans and the Vote.
Throughout the month of February, our staff is inviting people around the Midlands to experience programs that range from author events, panel discussions and business workshops to live performances, film screenings and food tastings.
Programs, which are free and open to the public, are taking place across the library system at all 13 locations. There is something for every age group to enjoy. Please join us on the following dates:
- 2/3 – Everyday Is a Celebration
- 2/11 – Black History Month STEAM Challenge
- 2/29 – Voices of Our People
- 2/6 – Rhythm ‘N Blues with Dante Lewis
- 2/13 – Journey of an Artist
- 2/18 – A Black History Month Celebration: Gullah/Geechee Culture
- 2/1 – I Won’t Starve: Entrepreneur Development Workshop
- 2/16 – The Power of Protest: From Civil Rights to #MeToo to Kaepernick
- 2/17 – What’s Cooking: A Taste of Nigeria
- 2/1 – Black Superhero Movie: Black Panther
- 2/11 – Remaining Strong: Observing History through Film
- 2/23 – The Making of a Black President
A complete list of programs that are planned for Black History Month is available here.
For questions, please contact Emily Stoll at 803-587-3637 or email email@example.com.
About Richland Library
Awarded the National Medal in 2017 by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library provides a truly customizable, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.