Published on October 27th, 2014 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Nominations Open for 2015 South Carolina Small Business & Advocacy Awards
The SBA South Carolina District Office is now accepting nominations for the 2015 South Carolina Small Business & Advocacy Awards, which honor the state’s top small business entrepreneurs and supporters. The South Carolina Awards are part of the SBA’s National Small Business Week Awards program.
The deadline to submit nominations for all awards is 3 p.m. Monday, January 5, 2015.
Awards that are part of the SBA’s national awards program
Nominations for the following two awards can be submitted through SBA’s online awards portal at http://awards.sba.gov/. Alternatively, they can be submitted either in person or via mail to the SBA South Carolina District Office at 1835 Assembly Street, Suite 1425, Columbia, SC 29201.
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
(For additional SBA awards that are part of the National Small Business Week program — such as federal procurement and disaster recovery awards — see the 2015 National Small Business Week awards nominations guidelines.)
South Carolina-specific awards
Nominations for the following awards can be submitted via email to Anna Huntley firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) or in person or via mail to the SBA South Carolina District Office at 1835 Assembly Street, Suite 1425, Columbia, SC 29201.
Click on each award for the nomination form, which also includes eligibilty and submission instructions.
- Veteran Entrepreneur of the Year| Honoring outstanding small business entrepreneurs who have been discharged or released from active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions. (Nominees must have been in business a minimum of three years.)
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year| Honoring an outstanding small business entrepreneur under 30-years-old as of June 1, 2015. (Nominees must have been in business a minimum of three years.)
- Minority Enterprise Advocate of the Year| Honoring an outstanding advocate of minority entrepreneurship in South Carolina.
- Women in Business Advocate of the Year| Honoring an outstanding advocate of female entrepreneurship in South Carolina.
- Small Business Ally of the Year| Honoring a non-profit organization that has significantly supported and advanced small business development in South Carolina.
Who may nominate
Any individual or organization may submit nominations for these awards. Individuals and organizations may also self-nominate. Individuals may not be nominated for more than one award category.
Questions and more information
For award questions and assistance, contact Anna Huntley at 803-253-3753 or email@example.com (link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail)
Note: All nominees must also be residents of and employed in the United States or its territories and will be subject to background checks. Small businesses owned and operated by nominees must comply with federal civil rights laws.