Published on February 20th, 2020 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Millennium Magazine; 21 Years Serving the Community
Pictured above Calvin B. Reese, President/Owner, Millennium Magazine.
The Millennium Magazine was first published in 1999 after the formation of the Publicity Ministry for Brookland Baptist Church in West Columbia, South Carolina and encouragement of the Rev. Dr. Charles B. Jackson, Sr. Since that time, the magazine has become the leading publication in the market.
The magazine has served as a marketing tool for the Publicity Ministry of several churches in the Columbia community. Churches such as Brookland Baptist, New Ebenezer Baptist, Greater St. Luke Baptist, Reid Chapel A.M.E., Trinity Baptist and Francis Burns United Methodist became sponsors in the magazine’s Church/Community Relations Program. The purpose of this program is to feature what the churches are doing to uplift, serve and build the community.
The Millennium Magazine is very involved in positive community organizations. The magazine is a marketing tool for several organizations, just to name a few: Columbia Chapter of LINKS, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Columbia Chapter of 100 Black Women and the Columbia Urban League.
Another focus of the Millennium Magazine is helping small businesses market and promotes their services to the community. Advertising services can be a major problem for small businesses with a small or no advertising budget. To help solve this problem, the magazine has designed a special marketing program, “How to Put Your Business in the Limelight.” This program is designed to give businesses name recognition and product identity as a price that’s easily affordable.
The magazine has exceeded all expectations during its 21 years of publishing. Some of the accomplishments are:
* The first African American owned publishing company in South Carolina with a daily online publication.
* The magazine has captured more readers than all other minority publications combined in South Carolina with monthly published and daily web site versions.
* The magazine serves as publicity media for churches, positive organizations and businesses in the midlands community.
“We are looking to the future with much excitement,” states Calvin Reese, President/Founder, Millennium Magazine. “The magazine will aggressively expand on the foundation that has been built. Our goal will remain on featuring and becoming involved with individuals and organizations that are positively building and uplifting our community.”
Mr. Reese has over 25 years experience in the media business. His career started at WIS-TV where he became the first African-American in television advertising sales in the history of South Carolina. The next 15 years were spent in radio where he was either a General or Sales Manager.
He has also served:
- Member of the Publicity Committee for the United Way of The Midlands.
- Member of the Publicity Committee for the March of Dimes.
- Member Greater Lexington Chamber & Vistors Center
- Past National Publisher of the York Rite Magazine for the Most Worshipful National Grand Lodge Free & Accepted Ancient York Masons Prince Hall Origin – National Compact, USA Inc.
- Image Award Top Achiever for the S.C. Black Male Showcase U.S.A.
- 2002 Trailblazer Award for BB&T and the S.C. Governor’s Office of Minority & Small Business Honors
- Brookland Baptist Church Publicity Ministry and Senior Usher
Reese is the father of two daughters, Cherie L. Reese and Chelise K. Hardy. Two grand children, Cara and Cory Hardy, Jr.
The Millennium Magazine can be contacted at (Phone) 803-787-2266, (Address) P.O. Box 4384, Columbia, SC. 20204.