Published on May 4th, 2020 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Lexington Medical Center reopening facilities for appointments, procedures
Lexington Medical Center, its physician practices and Urgent Care facilities have reopened and are seeing patients for appointments and procedures. Precautions for the COVID-19 pandemic remain in place as the facilities begin seeing patients again.
Lexington Medical Center’s outpatient surgery centers in Irmo and Lexington will reopen.
The following list includes safety precautions being taken:
- Staff members will screen all patients with scheduled appointments and procedures by telephone prior to visits to ask about possible COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
- Clinicians encourage COVID-19 lab testing prior to performing high-risk procedures.
- Patients will use designated entrances to minimize contact with others.
- Staff members will check temperatures of every employee, patient and visitor upon arrival.
- All employees, patients and visitors are required to wear a mask while in a Lexington Medical Center facility. If a patient does not have a mask, one will be provided for them.
- Staff members will space out appointments, procedures and waiting areas to practice proper social distancing.
- A restrictive visitation policy remains in effect at the hospital and physician practices.
- COVID-19 patients are seen in dedicated rooms.
In addition, all Lexington Medical Center physician practices are offering telehealth visits through a computer or mobile device.
Lexington Medical Center will continue to follow guidelines from the CDC, and SCDHEC to protect patients, visitors and employees. Additional information is available at Lexington Medical Center’s website.