Published on May 9th, 2019 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Increased Passenger Traffic, Increased Flight Options at Columbia Metropolitan Airport
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE, here after) is excited to announce that passenger traffic continues to reflect steady growth in the first quarter of 2019.
In March, traffic stats increased 20% over February with 112,048 passengers traveling through CAE – a 16% increase year to date.
“With over 301,000 passengers flying through CAE since January of this year, we’re currently on track to have another record setting year,” said CAE Executive Director, Mike Gula. “Our team works hard every day to serve our passengers, providing them with a pleasant and first class experience.”
As a result of this increased traffic through the airport, CAE gained two additional New York City flights – nonstop to LaGuardia (LGA). They are:
• American Airlines: Departs CAE at 6:55 a.m. and arrives at LGA at 9:00 a.m.
• Delta Air Lines: Departs CAE at 1:05 p.m. and arrives at LGA at 3:06 p.m.
Currently Delta Air Lines has a morning flight at 6:00 a.m. that will continue in addition to the new service.
With three nonstop flights to New York City (LGA), as well as to the eight other hub destinations with nonstop service, CAE encourages travelers to be prepared.
“The busy summer travel season is upon us and we encourage our travelers to allow extra time when arriving at the airport,” continued Gula. “Planning for an hour to an hour and half out from what you might have done in the past is our recommendation. We want to encourage travelers to wait at the gate!”
Some travel tips to consider when flying out of CAE are:
• Follow the airlines’ recommendation to arrive at the airport at least 1 ½ hours prior to departure for domestic travel and 2 hours prior to departure for international travel. With the addition of new air service at CAE, there are several peak travel times throughout the day at which lines can be longer at ticket counters and at the security checkpoint.
• Check in for your flight 24 hours prior to departure and access your boarding pass via desktop computer or your mobile device.
• Carry-on bags are limited to one bag per passenger plus one personal item such as a laptop, purse, backpack or briefcase. Additional bags can be checked in at your airline’s ticket counter. Please check with your airline for specific checked baggage restrictions and fees.
• For carry-on bags, liquids and gels must be in 3.4 ounce containers or less and must be placed in a quart-sized, clear plastic zip-top bag. Only one zip-top bag per passenger. Go to www.tsa.gov for questions on items that can and cannot go through the security checkpoint.
• A reminder to pack a little extra patience and to allow that extra time as security checkpoint lines may be longer at peak travel times. CAE’s and TSA’s priority is the safety of our travelers.
About the Columbia Metropolitan Airport:
Now providing nonstop service to nine major cities including Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Ft.Worth, Houston, New York City (LGA), Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. (National and Reagan), Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) continues to be a major economic driver for the Midlands region. Welcoming over 1.2 million passengers in 2018, CAE is served by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines and is a regional cargo hub for UPS. For more information, please visit www.flycae.com.