Published on January 15th, 2019 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
How to Stick With Your New Year’s Resolutions in 2019
The start of a new year always seems to feel like a huge ‘Refresh’ button has been hit on life. It’s the perfect time for setting new intentions and goals for the year as well as reflecting on the past year to see what resolutions didn’t stick and why.
Working toward goals and keeping resolutions in mind throughout the entire year is really revolves around motivation. Though statistics show that 80% of resolutions fail by February, with a little dedication it’s possible to keep going strong! So what can you do this year to stick to your New Year’s resolutions throughout all of 2019? Check out these tips!
1. Set your intention. Your resolution should be all about intent. Think about how you want to feel throughout 2019—healthy, happy, calm, less stressed? Write down your intention for the year and consider that to be your resolution. Place it on your desk or stick it to your bathroom mirror so you’re able to read it each day as a reminder. The more you want it, the harder you’ll work for it!
2. Dream big and then break it down. Creating a big goal for yourself is a great way to keep pushing yourself toward bigger and better things. When you have the big picture in mind, create smaller, more achievable goals that will help build up to your larger vision.
3. Map out a strategy and track your progress. Create and write out a strategy, starting with the larger goal and working your way down. Maybe there’s a big goal you have in mind for December—work backwards from there creating monthly achievements, weekly goals and daily tasks. This is a great way to help you track your progress as well because you’ll have benchmarks to work with.
4. Be patient with yourself. Remember that not every day, week or month will be perfect. There will always be setbacks and there will always be periods of time you’re feeling less motivated than usual—but don’t let that stand in your way. Recognize these periods of time as lessons to learn from and obstacles to overcome. Each of these moments is just an opportunity for growth!
5. Be proud of how far you’ve come. No matter what happens, always remember how hard you’ve worked and how much effort you’ve put toward your dream! Even baby steps get you that much closer to your goal. The more you recognize your effort, the more you can see how far you’ve come!
A Final Note
If you’re committing to go the gym for the first time in your life, or you’ve signed up for your first marathon, consider having a friend join in with you for even more support! It’s also helpful to have a buddy when trying new things so that if something does go wrong you have a second person there to help.
Sticking to your New Year’s resolution is ultimately all about mindset! Keep your intention in mind and have faith in yourself and your abilities.