Published on March 5th, 2019 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Greater Columbia Community Relations Council Monthly “Hot Topics” Forum
What Does Education Reform Look Like?
The Greater Columbia Community Relations Council’s monthly “Hot Topics” Forum for March will focus on the biggest issue in the S.C. State House this year: Education Reform.
The event will be held on Monday, March 11, 2019, at 930 Richland Street, in the Palmetto Room, from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
The public is invited to attend.
The panelists for “What Does Education Reform Look Like?” will include:
- Mandy Powers Norrell, D., South Carolina House of Representatives
- Micah Caskey, R., South Carolina House of Representatives
- Jamie L. Devine, Chairman, Richland One Board of School Commissioners
- Amelia B. McKie, Chair, Richland School District Two Board
- Sherry East, President, South Carolina Education Association
- Dr. Peggy Torrey, Director, Transform SC – SC Council on Competitiveness
The Greater Columbia Community RelationsCouncil is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization serving the Midlands of South Carolina. Our goal is to advocate, mediate and educate in such a way that all of the citizens of our diverse communities are included in the public policies that shape our region. CRC’s programs include public educational forums and deliberative dialogues; mediation of contentious community issues; advocacy programs with particular emphasis on the housing needs of the disabled and low- to moderate-income individuals; and youth leadership engagement and mentorship.
To RSVP for this event, please contact Sonya Chapman at (803)733-1134.