Published on February 14th, 2016 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Free Will Planning Workshops To Help You Plan Your Legacy
Central Carolina Community Foundation partnering with local organizations to present Will University in February and March
(Columbia, S.C.): Everyone needs a will. Amazingly, only 44 percent of Americans have one*. Central Carolina Community Foundation, in partnership with local organizations and their fundholders, is hosting Will University on various dates throughout February and March.
Will University is an interactive workshop that addresses the importance of having a will, how to prepare a will and find an attorney to help you and common mistakes to avoid when creating a will. Each workshop is led by local estate planning professionals.
Frequently, people feel they don’t have enough wealth or own enough property to require planning for their future. However, there is no better time than the present to get started. Creating a will ensures that loved ones are protected and provided for after we are gone.
The will planning workshops are free of charge and offer helpful advice no matter where participants are in planning their estate plans. Refreshments will be served. This year’s workshops are generously sponsored by Prudential Financial and occur on the following dates:
- February 24 at 12:00 PM, in partnership with Orangeburg Young Professionals, at Orangeburg Chamber of Commerce, 155 Riverside Dr SW, Orangeburg
- March 1 at 12:00 PM, in partnership with Congaree Land Trust, at Columbia Chamber of Commerce, 930 Richland Street, Columbia
- March 5 at 8:00 AM, in partnership with Brookland Brotherhood, at Brookland Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, River Center, 1066 Sunset Blvd, West Columbia
- March 8 at 5:30 PM, in partnership with Transitions, at Seawells, 1125 Rosewood Drive, Columbia
- March 12 at 10:00 AM, in partnership with Delta House, at Delta Development Center, 5307 Fairfield Road, Columbia
- March 28 at 6:30 PM, in partnership with Jewish Community Center, 306 Flora Drive, Columbia
For more information or to register for an event, visit yourfoundation.org/willu or call 803.254.5601.
About Central Carolina Community Foundation:
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a nonprofit organization serving 11 counties in the Midlands by distributing grants and scholarships and linking the resources of donors, nonprofits and area leaders to communities in need. For more information about the Foundation, visit www.yourfoundation.org or call 803.254.5601.