Published on October 15th, 2014 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Forum Planned on Affordable Healthcare Marketplace Enrollment
The Community Relations Council in partnership with Richland Library invites all those in need of information for health coverage through the Marketplace to attend this informative healthcare forum at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
It’s important for the community to know and understand that after open enrollment ends, you can enroll in a private health plan through the Marketplace only if you have a qualifying life event or a complex situation related to applying in the Marketplace. These are important facts that we will share along with details to prepare for open enrollment.
The following presenters will provide the community with important healthcare enrollment information:
* Palmetto Project Director of Programs: Shelli Quenga;
* Richland Library Community Engagement Project Coordinator: Lee Patterson;
* SC Appleseed Legal Justice Center Director: Sue Berkowitz; and
* SC Progressive Network Director: Brett Brusey.
Topics of discussion include:
* For coverage starting in 2015, the Open Enrollment Period is November 15, 2014-February 15, 2015.
* If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you may apply for health coverage through the Marketplace outside the Open Enrollment Period.
Don’t miss this opportunity to become more informed. **** Light refreshments will be served****
Time: 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Date: October 22, 2014
Location: Richland Library Main
1431 Assembly St. Columbia, SC 29201
For answers to your questions or more information, please contact Lee Patterson at 803-231-6383 or DeAnna Bookert 803-733-1130.