Community

Published on March 3rd, 2014 | by Millennium Magazine Staff

0

Columbia Metropolitan Airport Now Accepting Applications for 2014 Summer Internship Program

The Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) is currently accepting Letters of Interests and Resumes for the 2014 Airport Summer Internship Program. The internship program is geared toward, but not limited to, students majoring in transportation, hotel and tourism, human resources, marketing/public relations, and/or business administration. The Letter of Interest must state why an Airport Internship would be beneficial educationally and vocationally.

The intern will spend approximately sixty (60%) percent of the program working on assignments within a designated department (Administration, Maintenance, Human Resources, Marketing etc.) and the remaining (40%) percent of the program in other airport departments. The goal of the internship is to provide students with a comprehensive work experience while introducing them to the many facets of operating an airport and providing real-life/practical and hands-on experience in the student’s particular area of interest.

Interns must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Driver’s License.  Specific job related requirements will be based on the area of the internship (example: an engineering intern must have a familiarity with AutoCAD, a marketing intern should have experience in photography, videography and social media). The typical work schedule will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday up to eight hours per day with a minimum of 24 hours per week. Pay is $10.00 per hour.  Pursuant to Transportation Security Administration regulations; a criminal background investigation is required. CAE is an EEO/AA Employer.  Deadline to apply is Friday, April 4, 2014.

Submit Letters of Interest and Résumés to:

Attn:  Ms. Chappelle Gwen Broome, Director of Human Resources   

Emailc.broome@columbiaairport.com

Fax: 803-822-5141

 

Mail: Columbia Metropolitan Airport

125-A Summer Lake Drive

West Columbia, SC  29170

    

Tags:


About the Author



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

six − 1 =

Back to Top ↑

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!