Published on October 8th, 2015 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
AT&T TO PROVIDE WIRELESS AND WIRELINE ASSISTANCE IN SUPPORT OF CUSTOMERS IMPACTED BY SOUTH CAROLINA FLOODING
COLUMBIA, SC – In support of the many residents impacted by storm and flooding damage in South Carolina, including, but not limited to, areas in and surrounding Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, and the counties of Richland, Lexington, Charleston and Calhoun, AT&T is waiving several fees and charges for its wireless and wireline customers.
“The historic flooding has impacted so many of our customers in the Palmetto State, and we know that, as South Carolinians continue to work toward getting their lives back on track, communication services are more vital than ever,” said Alex Parker, AT&T South Carolina Vice President and General Manager. “Worrying about how they are going to stay connected should not be one of their concerns.
Wireless and mobility assistance, which runs through Oct. 21
· Immediate upgrade and upgrade fee waiver: Customers in the above referenced areas whose phone is lost or damaged as a result of the storm will be able to upgrade immediately to a new device, and the upgrade fee will be waived.
· GoPhone: For customers who need a replacement phone as a result of the storm and are unable to upgrade at this time, AT&T is offering standard GoPhones starting at $14.99 and GoPhone smartphones as low as $34.99.
· Accessories: AT&T will also be offering 25% discounts on charging devices, battery backups and other accessories.
Participating AT&T stores include:
Georgetown; 1140 N FRASER ST; GEORGETOWN, SC, 29440
Mt. Pleasant; 1751 HIGHWAY 17 NORTH; MOUNT PLEASANT, SC, 29464
N.Charleston; 7460 RIVERS AVE; CHARLESTON, SC, 29406
North Myrtle Beach; 213 HWY 17 N; NORTH MYRTLE, SC, 29582
Summerville; 1218 N. MAIN STREET; SUMMERVILLE, SC, 29483
W. Ashley; 975 SAVANNAH HWY STE 301; CHARLESTON, SC, 29407
Chester; 1691 J A COCHRAN BYP STE D; CHESTER, SC, 29706
Cross Hill; 702 CROSS HILL RD STE 500; COLUMBIA, SC, 29205
Harbison; 239 HARBISON BLVD.; COLUMBIA, SC, 29212
Lexington; 5540 SUNSET BLVD, STE C; LEXINGTON, SC, 29072
Pinewood; 430 SECOND LOOP RD; FLORENCE, SC, 29505
Rockhill; 2434 DAVE LYLE BLVD; ROCK HILL, SC, 29730
Sandhills; 155 FORUM DR.; COLUMBIA, SC, 29229
The Plaza at Magnolia; 3007 W RADIO DRIVE; FLORENCE, SC, 29501
Wireline assistance that will run through Nov. 6 includes:
· A waiver of the one-time set up charge and one month rate for certain Call Forwarding and voicemail features.
· A waiver of the monthly rate for one month for AT&T Voice Mail Service.
· A waiver of the service charge for installation of service at the temporary location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the original premises.
Customers should call 800-288-2020 for more information on additional waivers related to their individual plan.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high speed Internet and voice services. We’re the world’s largest provider of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. In the U.S., our wireless network offers the nation’s strongest LTE signal and the most reliable 4G LTE network. We offer the best global wireless coverage*. And we help businesses worldwide serve their customers better with our mobility and secure cloud solutions.
Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at http://about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2015 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Reliability and signal strength claims based on nationwide carriers’ LTE. Signal strength claim based ONLY on avg. LTE signal strength. LTE not available everywhere.
*Global coverage claim based on offering discounted voice and data roaming; LTE roaming; voice roaming; and world-capable smartphone and tablets in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier. Coverage not available in all areas. Coverage may vary per country and be limited/restricted in some countries.