Published on July 4th, 2018 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Ask Six Simple Questions To Select The Right Auto Repair Shop
It may pay to find out a few facts before you let anyone work on your car.
(NAPSI)—By asking six simple questions, you may be better able to identify the right auto repair shop to properly care for one of your most valuable assets, your car.
What To Ask
1. Does the business employ ASE-certified technicians? Credentials and affiliations are indicators of professionalism and the management’s commitment to training and education.
2. Is the shop and customer waiting area clean and organized? Cleanliness and organization are signs of a well-run business.
3. Are customers greeted and treated in a friendly and respectful manner? Many auto repair businesses excel in the area of customer service and satisfaction. A simple phone call to the shop to inquire about their services can give you a glimpse of how they treat customers.
4. Does the business provide a written estimate? The business should complete a written estimate and request your signature prior to starting any repairs on your car.
5. Does the business offer a warranty? Most auto repair businesses offer a warranty on parts and labor and the warranty is usually in writing or posted in the waiting area.
6. Does the business have a list of satisfied customers or references that it is willing to give you? Satisfied customers and recommendations from family, friends and neighbors are helpful in finding a good shop. Many auto repair facilities also have company websites that are worth checking out as they often include testimonials and additional information about the business.
“A vehicle is a major purchase for most people, so it makes sense to take the time to select an auto repair facility that will take the best care of that investment,” said Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council. “Being an informed auto care consumer means not only learning about your vehicle and its service needs, but also the facility that will make the repairs.”
A Car Care Council video, titled “Auto Service and Repair: What to Expect,” provides valuable information on such topics as what to expect at the shop and covers the real truth about consumer rights and the manufacturer’s warranty.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers.
To order a free copy of the popular “Car Care Guide,” visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.