Published on October 9th, 2019 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Applications Open for Richland County Boards, Committees
(Richland PIO) – Richland County Council is accepting applications for openings on more than a dozen volunteer boards.
Currently, 16 Richland County boards, commissions and committees have one or more vacancies. Council will accept applications until 5 p.m. Oct. 18, with appointments tentatively beginning on Nov. 5.
Those interested in learning more about the boards, commissions and committees with openings are encouraged to visit the Richland County website or speak with their Council district representative.
To download an application for an open position, visit http://www.richlandcountysc.gov/, click on the “Government” tab, then click the appropriate Richland County entity to find the link. After completing the application, submit it as an email attachment.
Applications can also be submitted by mail, fax or email:
- Mail: 2020 Hampton St., Administration Building, Suite 4069, Columbia, SC 29204
- Mail: P.O. Box 192, Columbia, SC 29202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 803-576-2136
For more information, contact the Richland County Clerk to Council Office at 803-576-2060 or email email@example.com.
1. Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee – two vacancies (one applicant must have a background in the lodging industry; one must have a background in the cultural industry)
2. Airport Commission – three vacancies
3. Board of Assessment Appeals – two vacancies
4. Board of Zoning Appeals – one vacancy
5. Building Codes Board of Adjustments & Appeals – five vacancies (one applicant must be from the architecture industry, one from the gas industry, one from the building industry and two from the fire industry as alternates)
6. Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority – one vacancy
7. Community Relations Council – two vacancies
8. East Richland Public Service Commission – one vacancy
9. Employee Grievance Committee – seven vacancies (must be Richland County employees; two seats are alternates)
10. Hospitality Tax Advisory Committee – three vacancies (two applicants must be from the restaurant industry)
11. Internal Audit Committee – two vacancies (applicants with CPA preferred)
12. Lexington Richland Alcohol Drug Abuse Control – one vacancy
13. Planning Commission – two vacancies
14. Procurement Review Panel – two vacancies (one applicant must be from the public procurement arena; one must be from the consumer industry)
15. Richland Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees – five vacancies
16. Township Auditorium Board – one vacancy