Published on January 3rd, 2018 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Rev. Al Sharpton to Speak at Palmetto State Progressive Summit
Internationally renowned civil rights leader, MSNBC host, and founder and President of National Action Network (NAN), the Rev. Sharpton has dedicated his life to the fight for justice and equality. For decades, he has turned the power of dissent and protest into tangible legislation impacting the lives of ordinary people. As former President Barack Obama once stated, Rev. Sharpton is a “voice for the voiceless” and a “champion for the downtrodden”.
As head of NAN, Rev. Sharpton has taken the teachings of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and applied them to a modern civil rights agenda. He has been a tireless advocate for everything from police reform and accountability to protection of voting rights and education equality. A 2016 Vanity Fair profile described him as “arguably the country’s most influential civil rights leader.”
Sharpton will be speaking on Saturday afternoon, February 3. Find out more here.
The Palmetto State Progressive Summit is going to be the most exciting political event in South Carolina in 2018. Don’t miss out. Register now.
The Summit Organizing Committee has also added a debate among the Second Congressional District candidates. Democrat Annabelle Robertson has agreed to participate. All declared candidates have been invited.
Other highlights of the Summit include:
- Dozens of workshops and panel discussions from some of South Carolina’s and the nation’s most knowledgeable progressive activists and leaders;
- A debate between Democratic gubernatorial candidates Phil Noble and James Smith;
- Exhibit tables from progressive organizations. Find out about the leading progressive groups in SC;
- Issue and identity caucus gatherings;
- A registration bag with goodies from our allies and sponsors;
- Saturday lunch and beverages included in registration fee.