Published on November 6th, 2017 | by Millennium Magazine Staff0
Homeowners Want Elegant Electric Upgrades
Homeowners today want light switches and outlets that are more sophisticated than the standard.
(NAPSI)—Most American homeowners are likely accustomed to standard, builder-grade wall plates and lighting controls in their space. However, according to a recent Harris Poll commissioned by the Collections by Legrand, 82 percent of homeowners believe there are more stylish lighting control options than what came installed in their home.
In fact, discerning homeowners have many ways to enhance and personalize lighting and power controls with a unique selection of wall plates, dimmers and switches, scene controllers, plug-in modules and outlets.
Here are the top five ideas survey respondents had about home lighting and charging equipment.
1. Energy use and sustainability. While 91 percent of homeowners say reducing energy use at home is important, about one in five Americans don’t know that installing lighting controls can meet that objective. The adorne Motion Sensor Switch, for instance, provides combination control, letting users manually or automatically turn lights on or off when entering or leaving a room through motion-sensing technology.
2. Smart home−inspired design and technology are on the rise. A growing presence of tech-focused products, appliances and solutions simplify day-to-day living, and lighting is identified as a priority smart home feature. The survey found that two-thirds of Americans say if they were creating a smart home, they would want to be able to control lighting via an app or online.
To that end, there are Wi-Fi and RF Lighting Systems in the adorne and radiant Collections. They let users customize at-home lighting schemes from their smartphones through an intuitive, easy-to-use app. This allows for seamlessly controlled settings for any mood or occasion, whether at home or away. The app pairs with Wi-Fi Ready and RF dimmers and switches, through a discreet communication Hub, all controlled over the homeowner’s wireless local area network for a truly smart approach to lighting.
3. Childproofing is a major consideration for parents. Only about a quarter of Americans know tamper-resistant outlets eliminate the need to childproof electrical sockets. These outlets keep young children from inserting common household objects such as keys, hairpins and other items, protecting curious little ones from danger.
For example, the Night Light with Two Tamper-Resistant Outlets from the radiant Collection includes black shutters that essentially disappear into the background for a sophisticated invisible effect. All outlets from both collections feature a patented shutter system that lets plugs in but keeps keys and other objects out.
Additional protection can be found in such innovative items as the adorne Collection Pop-Out Outlet, which disappears into the wall with a simple push when not in use, discouraging any interference.
4. Great design is a priority. To meet any style profile, the radiant Collection offers screwless, snap-on wall plates in classic neutral and metallic styles, while the adorne Collection features luxurious, modern light switches, dimmers, outlets and wall plates that make a dramatic design statement.
5. Budget-friendly products are ideal. While some homeowners look to remodel projects as a way to add instant curb appeal and increase property values, roughly half of homeowners admitted that making home improvements is not a priority for them due to the cost. Fortunately, the comprehensive offerings from the Collections by Legrand are accessible across a variety of budgets.
For further facts, visit www.legrand.us/collections.